What exactly is a prototype?
Prototype is the drawing of approximate concept of a final system or product.Based on a prototype, the other forms are developed and validated. It is the elementary step in conversion of vision into an actual tangible product.
Utility of prototype
- It represents what a product would actually look like.
- The response to a product is better if the prototyping was better.
- The basic functions of the actual product can be tested in a prototype.
- The process of improvisation of a product is much easier with the help of a prototype.
Based on the actual application and the basic idea behind a prototype, prototypes can be developed in any of the following formats:
- Paper prototype: It is a rough sketch of the product including its front end and back end designs.
- 3D print prototype: It is a 3D version of the product which would actually work. But, the drawback of this type is its limited applications in mass production.
- Digital prototype: in this type, the prototype developers actually develop a virtual model which helps them to analyze the working of the actual components of a product.
- Scale model: It is a smaller, non-functional sort of display model for big projects like buildings, automobiles.
How do prototype developers help in app development?
Firstly, prototype developers reduce the investment and effort of a company in the idealization procedure. Any app utility issues or the long term viability of an app can be analyzed and worked upon. Thus, prototype developers with their skills design a prototype which would take into account the cons of the app so as to avoid problems in future. In case of an app, this prototype development has to be done before the translation into a code. The prototype developers ensure an in-situ testing of functionalities of a product.
Is the prototype development good for startups?
- Prototype development would help your startup to stand out of the crowd.As a startup, if your goal is to outshine your competitors, you need to assign prototype development a compulsory position in your “to-do” list. All your competitors are following the same steps of branding and publicizing of the product. Prototype would help in adding that extra feather to your start-up’s cap in the long run.
- The best way to attract investors is to not waste their time.Before investing their money, investors have a whole lot of questions ranging from the long term business plan to continued growth as well as revenue generation.The investors attend many presentations of allied business models but, finally invest the most fruitful plan as per their profit requirements. So, to stand out among your competitors and to draw the attention of potential investors, you need to include prototype development in your modus operandi.
- Prototype development helps in the actual smoothening of bonding between the interface and the actual interactions.
- Prototyping helps in a close analysis of a product’s functioning and success. Any drawbacks and challenges figured out would help in further working on the testing and development.
Summing it up, prototype would actually help in making your dream project the most attractive product or service and to become the leading player in the market.